Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Snake food belongs in the snake

We have a snake (a Red Tailed Boa Constrictor) at work, and once a week it eats three mice.
This week we got four mice because the snake's been growing and looking hungry.
The first mouse we put in managed to hide in the snake's tank for over an hour without getting eaten, while the snake finished off numbers 2 through 4. Pity ruled the day and I scooped the mouse out, named it "Pepita" and popped it to in an extra tank before I could think about the ramifications of my actions. Later I opened Pepita's tank to make friends, and she bit me. I threatened her with a return to the snake tank, but she must have known I wouldn't do it, because she didn't apologize.
Looking over at the snake, I imagined I could hear hissing laughter.
Hiss ha ha?

No comments:

Post a Comment