Tuesday, October 06, 2009

the cagemate

Pepita the wonder mouse now has a cage mate. Last I mentioned the mousies, two had escaped certain snakey doom by climbing out of a cardboard box and escaping into the office. Chase ensued. Later, I went into the office and pretended to be a ninja (IE: I was quiet) I heard a scrabbling from behind a bookcase. When I scooted down to peek, a cute little whiskered face peered back at me. I made a halfhearted grab and she went back behind the bookcase, only to pop her head back out in seconds. I instantly made a fiendishly clever plan. I got a piece of mouse chow and held it near the opening. She came out and began to eat right out of my hand... heart strings going twang I scooped her up (no biting from this one!) and raced to my coworkers office. So Pepita now has a cage mate named "Hope"

No comments:

Post a Comment